Cultural Heritage Management Podcasts: Dr. Paolo Rondelli
Posted in Cultural Heritage Management, Cultural Heritage Management Podcasts, Cultural Heritage Management/Digital Curation, Cultural Heritage Management/Nonprofit Management, Digital Curation, Home page featured, Museum Studies, Museum Studies/Digital Curation Certificate
San Marino: A Small Republic with a Big History
An interview with Dr. Paolo Rondelli
Perched on Mount Titano and surrounded on all sides by the country of Italy, San Marino, is a small republic with a big history. The San Marino historic center and Mount Titano gained UNESCO World Heritage Status in 2008. As one of the oldest continuing republics in the world and the only surviving intact Italian city-state, its historic contributions to the development of democracy have been profound.
Dr. Paolo Rondelli was born in San Marino and attended the Italian University of Bologna where he received degrees in Chemical Engineer, Environmental Science, Historical Science, and Humanities, as well as a Ph.D. in Historical Communication. Dr. Rondelii served as San Marino’s Ambassador to the United States between 2007 and 2016. Since October 2016 he has served and continues to serve as Ambassador and Permanent Delegate for San Marino to UNESCO.
Dr. Rondelli worked on the initial UNESCO nomination for the site of San Marino and shares with us the unique history of this important city-state.
Documents related to the World Heritage Site of San Marino are available at UNESCO.
Events related to the 10th anniversary of San Marino’s UNESCO designation are available here.
- All News
- Applied Economics
- Career Services
- Center for Advanced Governmental Studies
- Center for Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology/Science, Technology, and International Security Certificate
- Food Safety Regulation
- Individualized Genomics and Health
- Post Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Regulatory Science
- Energy Policy and Climate
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Film and Media
- Geographic Information Systems
- Instructional Resource Center
- Liberal Arts
- Museum Studies
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute