At Johns Hopkins University, we believe learning never ends. For more than 25 years, Odyssey, our non-credit liberal arts program, has been the region’s lifelong learning partner. Whether it is a passion you want to pursue, an interest you wish to cultivate or a job skill you would like to master, Odyssey has a wide selection of courses, workshops and lecture series delivered by top-notch JHU faculty and community experts. Odyssey doesn’t have grades or exams-just learning for the sake of learning in a fun, creative environment. These personal enrichment programs are open to anyone with an interest to learn. Take a look at our extensive course listings from science to art, writing to photography. It has never been easier to grow, explore and discover.
Fall 2017 highlights include:
- Perspectives: Two Multi-Speaker Lecture Series (Click here)
• South Africa: The Rainbow Nation?
• Mini-Med School: Aging Well-What We Can Learn from Preventive Medicine
- All-Day Saturday Program: From Socrates to Plato with Ori Soltes (Click here)
- Four Great Sonatas (Click here)
- Monet, Impressionism and Giverny with Joseph Cassar (Click here)
- The Road to World War II with Rex Rehfeld (Click here)
- Giants of Physics: Their Discoveries and Their Religion (Click here)
- The History of Hospitals (Click here)
- Foreign Languages: Spanish, French, and Mandarin (Click here)
- Creative Writing: From Elements of Creative Writing to Fiction to Poetry (Click here)
And much more!
Fall 2017 Catalog
We invite you to peruse our Fall 2017 Catalog, which has many notable new offerings, along with some tried and true favorites.
To order textbooks for our classes, please order through MBS Direct, our on-line bookstore.
Tuition Remission and Discounts
If you are a candidate for tuition remission, please DO NOT register for classes below. To receive JHU Tuition Remission Benefits, JHU Alumni Discounts, or Osher at JHU member discounts for Odyssey courses, please call 410-516-8516.
Online registration for all other Odyssey students.
- 9.15 - Odyssey: MCAT Review in January 2018 Now Open for Registration
- 9.12 - Odyssey’s Director, Douglas Blackstone, Speaks with WBJC
- 8.28 - “Develop a Skill or Feed Your Curiosity,” JHU HUB Publishes Article about Odyssey
- Current Offerings
- Course Catalog (PDF)
- Certificate on Aging
- News and Events
- Quick Links
- Propose an Odyssey Course
- MCAT Review
- > Make a Donation