Credentials and Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university in the life sciences or in engineering. Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
- One semester of Biochemistry at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Cell Biology at the undergraduate or graduate level.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 500-word statement of purpose. Discuss why you wish to pursue the MS in Regulatory Science. Focus on your long-term goals and how this academic program will complement these goals. Discuss the strengths of your academic and professional background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials.)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application. If you have collegiate coursework outside of the United States, upload an unofficial copy of the course-by-course evaluation. Please do not upload unofficial copies of transcripts outside of the United States without the evaluation.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only. Mail to: Johns Hopkins University AAP Admissions Office, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036. Or, you can send them electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide. You can send these transcripts to us prior to or after applying online. Transcripts depicting fewer than 12 credits that were transferred to a different US institution are not required unless pre-requisites are listed on them. Your application will not be complete until we have received official copies of all transcripts listed.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send this evaluation to us prior to or after applying online.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send these scores to us prior to or after applying online.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
Note: GRE scores are not a standard, requirement for the application.
Advanced Standing allows for consideration to be exempt from taking up to two courses towards degree completion.
To be considered for advanced standing, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed 5 courses from the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES) Technology Transfer program and received a grade of B or better in each course.
The following materials are required and will need to be uploaded to your online application:
- Unofficial transcript from FAES, to be supplemented by an official transcript.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
Provisional Student Status
If you do not meet all the requirement criteria for admissions, you may still be admitted to a program as a provisional student. Admission in these cases is determined on a case-by-case basis. These candidates may be granted provisional status.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Highlight on Alumni
- The Experience
- Program Resources