- One semester of Biochemistry AND one semester of Organic Chemistry at the undergraduate or graduate level OR 410.303 Foundations of Bioscience (available to students admitted provisionally only)
- An undergraduate degree in the life sciences or engineering from a four-year college with at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies
10-Course Graduate Program:
The landscape of food safety regulation is currently undergoing extensive changes. As the field continues to change, the proposed program is designed to change with it. While the seven required courses will remain constant, the content will adapt to new discoveries and changes in understanding of the covered topics. Similarly, the approved list of elective courses will be a living document that will include newly created courses as appropriate. Furthermore, new courses will be considered based on student feedback and changes in the industry. In addition, students may request course substitutes from other JHU courses that are appropriate and for which they are qualified.
- 410.701 Introduction to Food Safety Regulation
- 410.674 Food Microbiology
- 410.686 Regulation of Good Food Production Practices
- 410.700 Food Labeling and Packaging Regulation
- 410.716 Food Toxicology
- 410.717 Risk Assessment and Management
- 410.718 Food Safety Audits and Surveillance
Students may choose any three electives from the Advanced Biotechnology Studies program (including advanced science or regulatory courses) for which they have met the prerequisites or have received permission from the program committee. See Course Descriptions for a list of courses.
Applicants and students with extensive experience or relevant coursework may request a waiver for a core required course. If the waiver is granted, students must replace the course with an elective course. Please include the request in your application.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Multi-Year Schedule
- The Experience