Practice Math Questions
Practice Math Questions for Admitted Environmental Science and Policy Students
Students admitted to the Environmental Sciences and Policy program, you are strongly encouraged to complete the online Practice Math Questions. Instructions for accessing the questions are below.
The practice questions will be available to admitted students only. This is not an exam. There is no penalty if you decide not complete the practice questions or if you do not correctly answer them. The purpose of providing these questions is to help newly admitted students assess their quantitative abilities and to see the type of skills that can be expected in the program. You should go through the series of questions, answering them the best you can, review the correct answers, and then determine which, if any, quantitative skills you need to study so that you are prepared for your core classes. If after completing the practice questions you don’t feel that you did very well and need more formal study, talk with your advisor about your options.
There is no time limit. It is expected that you would use a calculator.
Instructions for Accessing the Math Practice Questions
- Go to http://blackboard.jhu.edu/
- Click the link to Login using JHU Enterprise Authentication and then login using your JHED ID and password.
- Click the Community link from the choices along the top of the page.
- Use the Organization Search box to find the Math Practice Exam.
- Click the link for the Math Practice Exam to load it. The first time you enter, you will have to click the +Enroll button to use the test.
- Read the Welcome page and then click the Click to Start Exam button in the left-hand menubar to start the exam.
- After successful completion of the online Math Practice Exam, please contact Jerry Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to complete the Math Exam.
If you have any difficulties accessing the site, please email email@example.com.