The Energy Policy & Climate (EPC) program at Johns Hopkins requires all students to complete a capstone course, “Research Design for Capstone Projects in Energy and Environmental Sciences”, also known as the Capstone Project, 425.800. During the Capstone Project, students engage in research and apply the multidisciplinary knowledge they have acquired during their program of study to a real-world question focused on energy and climate issues.
Students have the option of working individually or in a small team on a project sponsored and mentored by an external entity, such as a governmental agency or not-for-profit group, or a member of the JHU faculty. These projects result in a deliverable, such as a written report, and a formal presentation of research results to both the external entity and faculty.
Instructor permission is required in order to register for this course as a project proposal needs to be developed the semester before the course is taken. For more information, please view the new Capstone Guidelines and consult the course instructor Daniel Zachary (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- For guidelines on the 2017-2018 Capstone Projects, click here.
- For the capstone format guidelines, title page example, and helpful reminders for the JScholarship (JHU online library) instructions, click here.
- For the Non-Exclusive Deposit Agreement, click here.
- Browse Independent Research Projects by Title from the Johns Hopkins Library website or see a previous presentation on the Energy Policy and Climate Program Capstone Symposium Day (requires JHED ID) under the Environmental Energy and GIS Café.
- For the Mentor Agreement Form, please send the mentor name and contact information to Nicole Cosey (email@example.com.)
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Course Description
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Capstone Project
- The Experience
- Program Resources
- Contact Information