|Effective immediately JHU AAP will only accept official transcripts mailed or sent electronically directly from the granting institution. Hand delivered transcripts will be discarded upon receipt.|
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0.
- One semester of undergraduate calculus with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- One semester of descriptive statistics with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- One semester of general chemistry with a grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- It is highly desirable, but not required, that applicants have taken one semester of undergraduate microeconomics (or equivalent).
- Prerequisite courses are offered which help students without the necessary credentials and prerequisites to prepare for graduate-level work.k.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 500-word Statement of Purpose
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. At least one academic reference is preferred. The recommendation form found on the online application is required. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application. If you have collegiate coursework outside of the United States, upload an unofficial copy of the course-by-course evaluation. Please do not upload unofficial copies of transcripts outside of the United States without the evaluation.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only. Mail to: Johns Hopkins University AAP Admissions Office, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036. Or, you can send them electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide. You can send these transcripts to us prior to or after applying online. Transcripts depicting fewer than 12 credits that were transferred to a different US institution are not required unless pre-requisites are listed on them. Your application will not be complete until we have received official copies of all transcripts listed.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send this evaluation to us prior to or after applying online.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send these scores to us prior to or after applying online.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Capstone Project
- Students & Alumni
- The Experience
- Program Resources