Ten courses are required to complete the Master of Science in Applied Economics.
Prerequisite Math requirement:
- Those entering with only a single Calculus course must first take 440.304 Mathematical Methods for Economists, a three undergraduate credit, full-length course, at half tuition. The course does not count toward the degree.
- For those required to take Math Methods, the course is treated academically as part of the Core. Thus, all rules applying to the Core apply to Math Methods.
- In order to waive our Math Methods for Economists course, evidence of Multivariable Calculus is required.
For detailed information on math requirements, click here.
Four core courses:
One advanced econometrics course:
Five additional elective courses:
To view all Applied Economics courses, including electives, please visit Course Descriptions for details.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Math at Applied Economics
- Tuition and Fees
- Course Descriptions
- Course Syllabi
- Illustrative Curricula
- Course Schedules
- Career Opportunities
- Links of Interest
- Concentration in Financial Economics