MA in Government Program Requirements
All MA/MBA students are required to complete the following two courses:
- Proseminar: Essentials of Public and Private Management
- Government and Politics in the U.S.
MA/MBA students must take an additional eight electives in the Government program. Though not required, the following courses are recommended electives:
- Introduction to Quantitative Research Methods
- Law of Public Institutions
- Congressional Policy Making
- The Budgetary Process
- Executive Politics and Policymaking
- Public Entrepreneurship
- Negotiating as Leadership Skill
- Government and the Global Economy
- State Politics and Policymaking
- Research and Thesis I, II and III
Writing a thesis is optional for MA/MBA students, but is encouraged. MA/MBA students who successfully defend their theses will be awarded honors at graduation.
Students who would like to earn a concentration may take four electives in a given concentration area. Concentrations are offered in Political Communication, Security Studies, and Democracy Studies and Governance. To earn a concentration, students must take four classes in that subject area.
MBA Program Requirements
Please contact Carey Business School Admissions email@example.com for more information on the MBA requirements.
Please contact your MBA Academic Advisor if you have any questions. You may look up your advisor assignment.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- The Experience
- Program Resources