MA in Communication
Students must complete 10 courses under the MA in Communication program. Courses are offered at Washington, DC and online. For more information about the MA in Communication requirements, click here.
While reviewing the requirements, keep in mind that students must pass 480.600 Research and Writing Methods under the MA in Communication program, before they can start taking courses under the Certificate in Nonprofit Management program.
Also, the combined MA in Communication/Certificate in Nonprofit Management program enables students to reduce their course load. If students were to complete the two programs separately, they would complete a total of 16 courses. Yet students in the combined program take a total of 14 courses, by ensuring that they take the following courses under the MA in Communication program:
- 480.602 Changing Behavior through Communication, a core course from the Informing Practice through Research group.
- At least one of the following electives:
- 480.635 Communication.org: Not-for-profits in the Digital Age
- 480.653 Communicating for Social Change
- 480.654 Strategic Communication Program Management
- 480.671 Government Relations and Lobbying
- 480.675 Public Policy Management and Advocacy
- 480.677 Grassroots Communication
Certificate in Nonprofit Management
Students must complete four courses under the Certificate in Nonprofit Management program. Courses are offered online. For more information about the Certificate in Nonprofit Management requirements, click here.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Course Schedule
- Contact Information