Post Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
Advanced economic modeling, forecasting, analysis of rapidly incoming data, and econometrics have become the backbone of decisions made in governments, international organizations, and businesses.
|Course Locations||Washington, DC and Online|
|Earn Degree Onsite||Yes.|
|Earn Degree Online||Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||4 courses|
The four course Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics* is intended for those who already hold a master’s degree in economics or in allied fields, and who wish to expand or update their knowledge. All courses are offered onsite in the evenings at the Washington, D.C., center of The Johns Hopkins University (near Dupont Circle), and already for the greatest part, on-line.
Admissions requirements are the same requirements for our MS in Applied Economics degree plus a master’s degree in economics or allied field. Students lacking prerequisite courses can take them with us, on-site or on-line. Admissions are rolling; one can begin in the Summer, Fall, or Spring semester.
Choose four of the following seven courses:
- 440.614 – Macroeconometrics [Time Series Econometrics], on-site and on-line
- 440.615 – Macroeconomic Forecasting, on-site and on-line
- 440.617 – Financial Econometrics, on-site and on-line
- 440.618 – Microeconometrics [Panel Data Econometrics], on-site and on-line
- 440.622 – Cost-Benefit Analysis, on-site and on-line
- 440.624 – Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, on-site and on-line
- 440.629 – Survey Research Methods, on-site, and on-line from 2014/15
* Endorsement by the Maryland Higher Education Commission [MHEC] is pending.