Post Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
Advanced economic modeling, forecasting, analysis of rapidly incoming data, and econometrics have become the backbone of decisions made in governments, international organizations, and businesses.
|Course Locations||Washington, DC and *Online|
|Earn Degree Onsite||Yes.|
|Earn Degree Online||*Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||4 courses|
The four course Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics is intended for those who already hold a master’s degree in Economics or in Statistics, and who wish to expand or update their knowledge. All courses are offered onsite in the evenings at the Washington, D.C., center of The Johns Hopkins University (near Dupont Circle), and already for the greatest part, *on-line.
Admissions requirements are the same requirements for our MS in Applied Economics degree plus a master’s degree in economics or Statistics. Students lacking the equivalent of our Core courses can take them with us, on-site or *on-line. Admissions are rolling; one can begin in the Summer, Fall, or Spring semester.
Choose four of the following eight courses:
- 440.614 – Macroeconometrics [Time Series], on-site and on-line
- 440.615 – Macroeconomic Forecasting, on-site and on-line
- 440.617 – Financial Econometrics, on-site, and on-line from Fall 2015.
- 440.618 – Microeconometrics [Cross Section and Panel Data], on-site and on-line
- 440.619 – Real Risk, on-site, and on-line from Spring 2016.
- 440.622 – Cost-Benefit Analysis, on-site and on-line
- 440.624 – Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, on-site, and on-line in the future.
- 440.629 – Survey Research Methods, on-site, and on-line
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: We currently are not accepting applications to the online Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics from students who reside in Alabama, Arkansas or Kansas. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.