Application Deadline: There is no application deadline. Applications are reviewed in an ongoing basis.
We recommend that Certificate in Nonprofit Management students start either in the Spring or Fall Semesters.
As is true for all programs at AAP, students must hold at least a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in the Certificate in Nonprofit Management program. (You are allowed to apply while in your final semester of your undergraduate experience, as long as you have accumulated at least 97 credits. See “conditional student” paragraph below.) We accept applications up to one year in advance of the intended semester of study.. An applicant can only apply to one program at a time.
A conditional student is completing his/her undergraduate degree at the time of application. Such applicants must be in their final semester of study and must have completed at least 97 credits prior to applying. We can admit these applicants under the condition that they submit their final, official transcript showing degree conferral from their undergraduate institution prior to registering for their second semester of study.
A student must hold a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 1,000 word statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to Johns Hopkins University and his or her academic and professional goals
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders that verify professional and/or academic accomplishment. The recommendation form found on the online application is required. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form. Preferably one of these recommendations should be from an academic source.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application. If you have collegiate coursework outside of the United States, upload an unofficial copy of the course-by-course evaluation. Please do not upload unofficial copies of transcripts outside of the United States without the evaluation.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only. Mail to: Johns Hopkins University AAP Admissions Office, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036. Or, you can send them electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide. You can send these transcripts to us prior to or after applying online. Transcripts depicting fewer than 12 credits that were transferred to a different US institution are not required unless pre-requisites are listed on them. Your application will not be complete until we have received official copies of all transcripts listed.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more. You can send this evaluation to us prior to or after applying online.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more. You can send these scores to us prior to or after applying online.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
If you have a question about admission requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are from outside the US and are interested in applying, please contact email@example.com for guidance.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience