Application Deadline: There is no application deadline. Applications are reviewed in an ongoing basis.
We recommend that Certificate in Nonprofit Management students start either in the Spring or Fall Semesters.
As is true for all programs at AAP, students must hold at least a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in the Certificate in Nonprofit Management program. (You are allowed to apply while in your final semester of your undergraduate experience, as long as you have accumulated at least 97 credits. See “conditional student” paragraph below.) We accept applications up to one year in advance of the intended semester of study.. An applicant can only apply to one program at a time.
A conditional student is completing his/her undergraduate degree at the time of application. Such applicants must be in their final semester of study and must have completed at least 97 credits prior to applying. We can admit these applicants under the condition that they submit their final, official transcript showing degree conferral from their undergraduate institution prior to registering for their second semester of study.
A student must hold a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
- AAP Application
- Nonrefundable Application Fee: $75
- A current résumé
- A statement of purpose (approximately 1,000 words) that explains the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to Johns Hopkins University and his or her academic and professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one academic reference. Recommendation form found on the online application is required.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only (We accept official transcripts sent electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide, or in sealed institutional envelopes.)
- Course-by-course credential evaluation for all coursework completed outside of the US. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
- TOEFL for international students who have not graduated from an accredited college or university in the US and whose native language is not English. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
- Application Requirements Checklist (PDF)
*The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
If you have a question about admission requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact admissions at
If you are from outside the US and are interested in applying, please contact email@example.com for guidance.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience