- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university. A bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is recommended. Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
- It is recommended that applicants hold an MSDE (or reciprocating state) certification in secondary science, the equivalent, or experience teaching secondary school science
- AAP Application
- Nonrefundable Application Fee: $75
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- 500-word Statement of Purpose
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only. (We accept official transcripts sent electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide, or in sealed institutional envelopes.)
- Course-by-course credential evaluation for all coursework completed outside of the US. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
- TOEFL for international students who have not graduated from an accredited college or university in the US and whose native language is not English. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
*The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
Provisional Student Status
If you do not meet all the requirement criteria for admissions, you may still be admitted to a program as a provisional student. Admission in these cases are determined on a case-by-case basis. To learn more about the provisional student status, please go to our FAQ page.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience
- Program Resources